Helping people discover their unique talents and find the work they love have been my passion and mission for decades. This comes from my personal experience that led me to find my own path to professional satisfaction (which ultimately is also personal satisfaction) and to build a highly successful career as a certified career coach and resume writer.
I genuinely get excited about creating solutions that guide people to find new jobs that are a great match, change their occupations to something they enjoy or move to their next level of professional growth and success. I can’t imagine any other work that I would find more enjoyable and interesting. After all, I get to meet and work with interesting, motivated job seekers from all over the world.
So, why would you benefit from working with me? There are many reasons:
1. Because, quite frankly, you deserve the best.
For over two decades, I’ve been coaching recent graduates, entry-level professionals, mid-level professionals, and executives on how to accelerate their job search and achieve results. I am sincerely committed to my clients and dedicate my efforts to preparing my clients for successful job search campaigns.
My objective is to help you achieve your career goals. I accomplish this by providing the right tools and a precise roadmap for finding a career you enjoy that advances your professional goals and provides the compensation you are worth.
Not only do I craft powerful resumes and related career documents, I also create an entire system of personalized job-search strategies.
2. Because I genuinely understand your situation
I understand the frustration that comes from a non-performing resume or a poorly executed job search. And, I can empathize with the intense disappointment felt when hoping for interviews that never happen, even when it seems you’d be a great match for the position. My goal is to give you the support you need to ensure you don’t end up down that road.
To truly showcase your value requires laser-sharp writing with a specific, defined purpose. I accomplish that with my in-depth, tailored approach to uncovering your unique success stories and identifying the value you’ll bring to an employer.
3. Because I walk the talk
As I mentioned, I’ve had a passion for helping people find the right opportunities ever since I graduated from college and searched for my own first career.
From there my search led me into the corporate world and ultimately to the careers field, where over the past 24 years, I’ve made it my life’s mission to be an expert on the subject.
I’ve completed a master’s level program in career assessment and counseling, and earned multiple certifications in career coaching, job search and career management. Such credentials, combined with my experience in career coaching, career transition and recruitment, provide my clients with a distinct advantage in the results they achieve.
4. Because I know what works today
It’s vital to be knowledgeable about conditions in today’s ever-changing employment market regarding job searches. My approach to high-level job search centers on cutting-edge trends and strategies that work.
5. Because of the inspirational success stories from people who have experienced my work first hand:
“Louise Garver is a consummate professional and one of the top resume writers and career coaches in our industry. She is committed to professional development through her continual efforts to serve on our Certification Board for resume writers and other activities.”– Frank Fox, Executive Director, Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches
“I cannot thank you enough for the support and expertise which you have provided leading me to this great opportunity. You were extremely helpful in every step of my job search providing assessments, tools, coaching and constant motivation to keep me on track to reach my goal. I could not have found – not one – but multiple opportunities without your guidance, especially in this tough market. Your advice has never let me down, and your positive attitude has been a great source of inspiration for me during a difficult time of transition. You’ve really made a difference.” — Alice S., Marketing and Brand Manager
“The first resume I sent out that you created opened the door to an interview at my next level. It led to an offer at a significant jump in salary. You are OUTSTANDING! Everyone could benefit from your help! There just aren’t any words to say thank you adequately.”–Dennis M., Director of Sales
Experience has shown me that those most likely to succeed in an executive-level job search have these qualities in common:
- Willing to invest the time and resources it takes to fuel a forward-moving career
- Seek out expert advice and coaching
- Partner in the process and actively embrace the steps required to succeed
- Communicate openly and actively regarding career goals
- Recognize the importance of having a strategic job search action plan
Credentials and Affiliations
My prior “life” in corporate America included recruitment, human resources, public relations and marketing communications experience, progressing to senior-management level. Because of my diverse background, I have a solid understanding of executive search and placement practices, gleaned from my tenure in corporate recruiting and career coaching.
My background also includes the following certifications and degrees:
- Certified Job Search Strategist (CJSS)
- Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW)
- Certified Career Management Coach (CCMC)
- Internationally Certified Job and Career Transition Coach (IJCTC)
- International certification as a Career Management Professional (CMP)
- Master Career Development Professional (MCDP)
- Certified Personal Brand Strategist (CPBS)
- Certified Online Identity Strategist (COIS)
- Certified in 360° REACH Personal Brand Assessment
- Certified Life Blueprint Facilitator™ (CLBF)
- Certified Retirement Coach (2Young2Retire™)
- Certified Employment Interview Professional (CEIP)
- Certified Win the View Interview Consultant
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Career Counseling
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology
My affiliations consist of membership in 9 separate professional organizations:
- Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches (PARWCC)
- National Resume Writers Association (NRWA)
- Association of Career Professionals International (ACPI)
- National Career Development Association (NCDA)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Career Management Alliance (CMA)
- Career Directors International (CDI)
- International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Institute of Career Certification International (ICCI)